[DML] Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

[DML] Re: Need help (Electrical Failure Starting A Fire)

You are absolutly right. Sometimes when  you type out your thoughts
they do not resemble quite what you intend, especailly to other
readers. I say "Band Aids" because you can apply them individually.
IMHO if you do intend to upgrade the electrical system you really do
need to do everything all at once. Just sticking a new battery in will
not fix everything. There are numerous items you can get to upgrade
the electrical system from a battery, to the relay upgrade kit, to the
fan fail relay, door lock module, et al. My feeling is instead of
doing it piecemeal it should be done all at once for maximum effect.
Now I do understand economics and I realize most people would want to
do things in small steps but you cannot achieve full reliablity and
safety until ALL items are taken care of. If you only offered the
electrical upgrades in one huge package no one would buy it. In
reality most will find themselves doing it all eventually but along
the way they will be disappointed and let down by an unreliable car. I
hope you do not take my comments the wrong way or think they are aimed
particularly at you, I try to make them as general as possible.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@xxxx> wrote:

> David,
> Sometimes it's not what people say it's how they say it.
> What's wrong with: Like in any 20 + year old car the electrical
system needs.......... new batteries shorted and under voltage.