[DML] Re: Need help

I think you covered the high points well but it should also be
mentioned that it is incredably dangerous to drive on the origional
NCT tires. You are also talking about a 20 year old car so the brake
lines may be rotten, the rubber parts in the fuel system may be
deteriorated and leaking, there could be all kinds of "jury rigged"
wiring including a jumped out inertia switch, wrong size fuses in the
wrong places, and other things. Part of how safe a particular car may
be has a lot to do with how it was taken care of. Although the front
crumple zone may be "flimsy" (and that may be by design) imagine how
much more flimsy it can get when it rusts out. All in all a Delorean
is inherently no more dangerous than most other cars of it's vintage.
Now if you want to talk about driving in today's envireonment with
SUV's and Hummers, that is a whole different question. In that respect
you are flirting with disaster. In any serious crash with such larger
vehicles and you are at an enormous disadvantage and would sustain
serious if not fatal injuries when it goes over you. Judged by modern
standards of safety the Delorean is lacking. No ABS, no air bags, a
very short and stiff steering column, no way to get out a window. No
integral passenger compartment to prevent intrusion and severe leg
injuries. Just for these reasons it is not prudent to use it as a
daily driver. Of course this is just My Humble Opinion.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757