From: wayofcain [mailto:wayofcain@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:52 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] 3 post idle microswitch

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> How about calling John Hervey when you have questions with his
products?  I am sure he takes calls on Sundays.

To answer your question. I spent all day Saturday (my only free day
to work on the car until next month) attempting to contact him and
soliciting advice from others, who may have known, before posting.
John was unavailable and other Delorean owner friends did not know
the answer.

I am sure John would have returned my calls as soon as he was
available, however, being in a time crunch, I turned to the wisdom of
the list. The question was asinine in the way it was worded.

> Or use a multimeter with your old microswitch to find out how it
functions.

The old switch is defective. It no longer functions in a way that
will provide me with any information.

> I have one of his switches too but my car is in storage or else I'd
tell you how I wired it.

Thanks anyway.

Cain Grimes
002835

PS. I want to publicly thank John Hervey who did later contact me,
and David Teitelbaum who responded with an informative and reasonable
response.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews