Re: [DML] Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission

Re: [DML] Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission

It sounds like you have a problem with the linkage cable itself.  If it was
out of adjustment you would be able to get into either 5th or Reverse, but not
both...it could just be that the cable is sticking.  I had the same problem
with my DeLorean when I purchased it after it had been sitting for 10 years (I
had a number of other problems also).  In any case I would check the condition
of the cable, inspect it for any breaks in the cable housing, and replace it
if that is the case.  If the cable appears to be in good condition try working
the shifter back and forth a number of times, that might free it up.  Note:
If it shifted properly before sitting I would not recommend trying to adjust
the cable now, espicially since you cant get it into 5th or reverse, it dosen't
sound like adjustment is the issue.

Best of Luck, and yes, it really does come down to luck in these cases,

Andrew
4194