Re: [DML] Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission

Re: [DML] Re: Can't Get Reverse With My D Manual Transmission

Thank you very much David.  To access the linkage
should I jack the car up from the front or the rear?
What ever happened to reverse had something to do with
it sitting for 3 months.  I don't have it inspected
yet (Maryland) because of all the work that needs to
be done to it. But I have been starting it up once a
week, guess that wasn't enought. Like everyone says on
this site, the worst thing for a Delorean is to let it
sit.
I have been very gentle shifting the car and would
sometimes have fifth gear grind.  I drove the car 25
miles to another house this past weekend after we
pushed it out of the driveway.  Found that I couldn't
get the car into 5th gear either.  I've had three or
four cars with manual trans in my life so I a
competent with shifting.

Thanks again for you advice!

Mike

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250