Re: [DML] Delorean Fuel

Aside from what Tom wrote, I just want to add something from my own
personal experience.

I run 87 octane, and one step hotter sparkplugs than factory
reccomends. My car purrs like a kitten. Assuming that most kittens
have exhaust leaks, but never the less...

I started out using 89 octane, and then moved up to 92. I had a
noticeable decrease in performance. That all cleared up after I ran
thru two large bottles of Techron, and inserted the hotter sparkplugs.
Now I can run cheaper fuel, and I have no knocks.

Now, why your performance was bad when you used 87 octane, who knows.
There are a number of variables ranging from the carbon build-up in
your engine, to the water content in the gasoline. So who knows what
happened there.

Remember, there is no such thing as *grades* of gasoline. Octane is a
level of resistance to combustability. So the higher the #, the more
"retardant" it is. Gasoline is also equal across the board, in as no
matter what the octane rating, the BTUs will still be the same. You
WILL NOT generate more power from an engine, by increasing octane!!!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"