From: secret_jedi_guy [mailto:secret_jedi_guy@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:18 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Delorean Fuel

A gas station near my house has just started providing 100 octane
unleaded racing fuel.  I'm not sure why, but it seems cool to me.  I
was just wondering what fuel most people on the list use and if they
have ever tried putting 100 oct. in their Deloreans before.  I put
87 in once and only once.  Performance and MPG sucked like a
Hoover.  If anyone on the list has put in 100 oct., what were the
side effects (e.g. performance, MPG, overheating, etc.)  I am just
curious because I am thinking about trying it out.

I have been sticking with 91 and I put in an octane booster.  Also
to aid the fight for the K-Jet vs. Carburetion fight, I prefer my K-
Jet now that I have given it a good cleaning including all six
injectors.  Fuel delivery is very smooth.

It would be really interesting to see that racing fuel in a DMCH
Stage III engine.

Japheth VIN: 1223

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews