[DML] Re: Carburator.

Everything Gregg says here is very sensible and can be done. If you
can wade through the whole exercise (and understand it) you *might*
get a little more power. IMHO most of the power would come from
removing the cat, messing with the Lambda will acomplish little. My
advice would be to just use all of the origional systems. Tune the car
up. Most owners are amazed at the increase in power, the responsivness
and the smooth running you get by tuning up a car that is out-of-tune.
As a car ages and is driven the car very gradually falls out of tune.
The owner doesn't notice it. They DO notice when it is tuned up. Since
it is not a gradual process the results are dramatic. If after that
you still want a little more remove the Cat. Be aware that it is
Federal Law that prevents tampering with any origional emmissions
equipment and Hawaii is still part of the US. What you can do (and is
a little sneaky) is to remove the guts inside the cat. This way it
*looks* like you are OK but the only way anyone can tell is to stick
an analyzer in your tailpipe. If you do fail they will just assume the
Cat is tired, not gutted. BTW all this info is just for informational
purposes, anyone actually doing this is breaking the Law!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757