[DML] Followup to car in Manteca, CA

This car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=31830&item=4519340074&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I went and looked today. It runs, alright, and the owner said he was able to get it into first
and second gear, so it probably is a shift linkage in need of adjustment. There are an
awful lot of dings, though, and the passenger front fender had been replaced from the
parts car he had on eBay earlier. He didn't know why it had a salvage title, and apparently
it had been totally torn up when he got it. He replaced basically the entire interior and
made the engine run again. No smog certificate, tho, so likely some work left to be done
there. It also had a coolant leak which he didn't mention in the auction, but he had the
hoses and said he would replace them tomorrow. I would be worried about the radiator,
however. It also smelled kinda funny on the inside, the normal 80's car smell but with a
touch of rancid, so dmcvegas' worries about a flood car might be valid. Either that or it
just sat outside for a really long time. Didn't seem like there was much frame rust that I
could see.

Overall, I'm sure that in the hands of an experienced DeLorean mechanic, this car could be
made nearly perfect. Time and resources are needed to make a lot of the detail fixes that
seem to be necessary. I've got the time, but not the resources at the moment. For me, it's
probably just a nightmare waiting to happen. I'll just have to keep looking...

Ian