[DML] Re: Opinions on this car?

Brent,
Back in 1987-88 I bought a Salvage titled Delorean,which STILL had
the damage on it that caused it to have a Salvage title.So I knew
what I was getting myself into( it had drivers side damage,which
included,front frame damage,fiberglass damage,suspension damage)
BUT I had the parts to repair(sold my showcar Delorean/and at the
same time picked up a fire Delorean) so I had Instant parts to repair
the Salvage titled Delorean,which by the way was/is a 1983,the donor
car was a 1982,anyway I spent the summer of 1988,getting the car in
order,I started with the Fiberglass repair(I did the fiberglass
repair)I had to cut out the
drivers side front and replace with a replacement section that I had
from a previous parts Delorean,I had the frame professionally
repaired,but I did the front suspension replacement,then I used the
Front fasica,light bar setup,drivers fender hood,wheel/tire and door
and Quarter panel from the fire car,the door was one of the easiest
part to install as all that was needed to do was remove the T-panel
to unplug the door harness and remove the four main bolts that hold
the door to the hindges quick and easy,did about a dozen doors this
way over the  years,with no problem.Anyway after finishing the
Delorean now I had to put it thru Connecticut Salvage
Inspection,which in Connecticut,you are NOT allowed any form of
plates to drive it to MVD for inspection,so I trailed it down to
MVD,then drove it to the inspection lane,the Delorean looked SO good
that they thought I brought it there for a out of state inspection,
so they were suprised that I was putting it thru Salvage
inspection,anyways they put it on their lift,checked for frame
damage/structral damage finding none,then they did a basic overall
vehicle inspection,and PASSED with flying colors,total time appox.20
minutes.Then I was able to get a regular registeration.The title I
recieved just had the word rebuilt stamped on the Title,and that was
about it.When I sold the car I informed the new owner that I had
rebuilt the car and that it had a salvage title when I bought
it.Anyway I lost track of that Delorean untill I spotted it for sale
on the DMCNEWS webside deloreans for sale section,which then I
inquired about the car poising as a buyer,and he informed me that it
HAD A CLEAN/Clear Title!!(it was now titled in New York State) But I
knew better!! After he stated it had a clean title I informed him I
was a previous owner and was the one that saved it from becoming a
parts car,and that it had a salvage title,at one point,EVEN CARFAX
showed it as a CLEAN title,(what he was baseing it on)anyway the car
disappeared from DMCnews site,then appeared on EBAY again STATED with
a clean title(someone in New York state "cleaned" the title)anyway it
sold to someone in the UK (England),which I promptly informed them of
the cars past history,then that person sold it to the present owner
(in the U.K.)any I promptly told him about the cars past,and sent him
Video tape of the work,as I was repairing it,and even the orignal
picture of how it looked before I repaired it,and copies of the
orignal salvage title and paperwork.This is how it should be,Honest
and upfront about your Deloreans,(that is how I sell all my vehicles
anyway)But the biggest prize for me is that this car is STILL,around
TODAY, and being enjoyed by people 17 years after I repaired it from
it's doomed fate of what it would have become had I not repaired it.
So my point here,just because it has a salvage title does NOT mean
the fate is sealed for that perticular Delorean.

Claude
former vin
00570

By the way the vin on that car was/is 16686

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun@xxxx>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any opinion of "reconstructed" titles?
>
> I purchased my "D" from an owner in Maryland who had purchased it
from an
> owner in Pennsylvania.  When I re-registered the car in
Pennsylvania, the