[DML] Re: Opinions on this car?

Just because it has a CA plate doesn't rule out that it is not flood
car. Get the history and find out WHY it is a salvage title. It isn't
obvious from it's description and the lack of serious damage. Cars get
a salvage title when an insurance company decides it will cost more to
fix it than it is worth. Things to look for:
Odors or smells in the passenger compartment
Moisture on the inside of the glass and/or mold
Watermarks or stains
Rusty hardware inside the passenger compartment
Loose epoxy on the frame and/or large areas of heavy rust or missing
metal in the front crumple zone or the engine mounting area
Bent parts underneath the car like the frame, control arms, brackets, etc.
Your best bet is to get someone who has some familiarity with a
Delorean and get it up on a lift. The real money is spent underneath
the shiny Stainless Steel body panels. Not all that long ago there
were a lot of new cars flooded in the South. TV news shows warned
people in the Northeast that New Car Dealers cleaned these cars up and
shipped them to other dealers in the Northeast where flood cars were
not expected. On modern cars when they are flooded past the rockers
they are automatically totaled. With all of the wiring and connectors
and computers once they get wet they are never right again. Do your
homework and you will find out either this car is a bargain with some
problems or maybe you will want to pass on this one. Just because it
is close to you don't overpay for it. There are plenty of Deloreans,
keep looking and you will find the "right" one.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757