[DML] Re: Opinions on this car?

Since it's a classic car, the "Salvage Title" thing is up in the air. That means that it's one of
two things: 1. It was wrecked pretty bad. or 2. It was in a minor collision, or even stolen or
vandalized, and while the car was more than repairable, they just elected to write it off,
and junk the car. Remember, with vintage cars, a "Salavage Title" isn't a death sentance.

As for the little problems, yeah, you'll have something here and there. And whever you
deal with used cars, something else is ALWAYS going to pop up on you, no matter what
car you own. Electrical problems can be a bitch to identify, but as along as you've got
patience, some knowlege, and a good set of tools, you'll be able to solve them all. Some
easier than others of course, but you'll get them all fixed, no doubt.

As for the transmission, I'm not concerned about it at all. I had the EXACT same problem
with my D. Turns out that the shift cable was misadjusted. You can easily test thing by
doing the following. With the motor running, and the clutch is in, lift up on the gear
selector, like you're going to shift into reverse, and slide the gear shift over, a ¼" or less.
Push forward, and I'll bet you that the car will slide into 1st gear smoother than silk. From
there, just pull back, and 2nd gear should be just as smooth too. The biggest concerns
with this car, will be cosmetic damage, over mechanical, most likely.

Overall, I'd advise you to take an existing DeLorean owner with you, to inspect the car.
Because after all, who knows what they may find, that you could miss. I still believe that
existing DeLorean owners that are buying a 2nd car should still take someone with them,
just for the extra pair of eyes.

This car seems like a perfect canidate for becoming a Daily Driver from what I've seen.
Yeah, if you want to get rid of the "Salvage Title", you'll need to jump thru a couple of
hoops here and there. But over all, it would most certainly be worth it, if you got this car
for a reasonable price. Damn that is a clean engine compartment...

I still have to laugh at the city where the seller is located. He lives in the town of "Lard". If
only more people in Cali took the time to learn some Spanish...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"