[DML] Re: a few nit picks

If it is leaking "towards the rear" and you know it to be the
transmission then it is very likely one or both of the output seals.
You may also need the sleeve to put on the flange where the seal
rides, that spot wears. It could also be (if it is way towards the
rear) the motor. The first spot to check is the sending unit on the
rear left side. It can be removed, resealed, and reinstalled. Check
the wire going to it and replace it if it is crispy. This sending unit
lights the oil light, it has no connection to the gauge.
Check that the throttle linkage is hitting the idle micro
consistantly. If the throttle cable is sticky it may not always be
returning to the idle position. It could also be a worn quadrant link
or sticking throttle spool. The throttle linkage MUST work smoothly
and easily with no "break-out" forces.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Darryl Givens <mydmc5898@xxxx> wrote:

> I did use a vendor clutch kit, I know he said that he replaced the
seal along with installing everything. But it is leaking from what
seems to be the rear also a small puddle forms underneath it, I
assumed it may just be the way its dripping down. (I hope)

> I have the 180 amp from GM, the mechainc did all of the work, but if
you do have the instructions, maybe I can take a look, I'm not very
good at that stuff but I can always pass it along.

> The distrubitor isn't leaking at all, he said that there is a pin
that alows a plate of some kind to move (sorry for being so general
but I'm pretty bad at this stuff at the moment) and the pin is bent
out of shape, what happnes is when the car starts it could be cold or
hot and the car will start fine but once you push the gas and let of
the clutch the car will hesitate. If you rev the engine it smooths
out, if I don't rev it it will stall. It did it with both tranny set ups.