Re: [DML] Colored Fuel Lines (BLUE)

Hi Brian

We already have fuel hoses made and with hose supplied, I can have the
hoses made for you, if you're interested.

BUT..... and it's a big BUT

The fuel hose used for the injectors must not be too elastic - ie under
pressure, they cannot expand. We prototyped a set of hoses made from 10
bar "green stripe" fuel hose - regular rubber hose rated for unleaded.
At idle, they cause an oscillation in the pressure in the injector lines
causing the injectors to pulse, and generate a very poor, erratic idle.
The effect was very surprising and it took a lot of investigation to
find the problem. This is a unique issue with K-jet injection where the
injectors are "cracked" by nothing more than the pressure in the lines,
and at idle, they are only just open. This is not something that will be
a problem on an EFI engine. Our fuel hose sets are now made from a high
pressure thermoplastic hose which is rated to several thousand PSI, but
crucially is rated for unleaded fuel. It's surprising how many types of
"fuel hose" there are out there that aren't rated for it.

Pressure-wise, the hos emust be rated to at least 75psi

Best Wishes

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk