[DML] Re: Rich W. hovercraft

Robert and others,

I have not brought this topic up here specifically because many
Delorean owners have been distressed by the MG Hovercraft show
and I specifically did not bring my hover conversion to the PF
show because of bad feelings over the MG Hovercraft show, so I
think I have left sleeping dogs lie up until someone else asked
a question about the topic.

Keep in mind that my Hover Conversion came long before the MG
show and I built the first one for the fun of it, with spare
damaged panels, with no rules to follow - just make it work.
As Tamir's video at Memphis shows, I did what I wanted to do.

Not to focus on the incorrect statements too much in your post,
such as the hovercraft was not destroyed by another hovercraft,
I do need to again clarify what happened on the show that most
folks do not know as a result of editing.  If you want to know
the real things that went on behind the scenes, check my profile
comments about the build on the Discovery Channel website.

As I stated in my previous post, the car/hovercraft project was
done "successfully" on Monster Garage UK show with a Lotus, so
I doubt if MG will redo the build here, but you never know.  As
for me re-doing the build, I know it can be done and I'm just
answering the question that I may do something, either with the
original hovercraft I have or build the one MG should have built.

As for my intentions, the Monster Nation profile is the type of
coverage I was hoping for in both MG shows, but there was risks.
I was glad the Monster Nation profile allowed me to clarify some
of the details that were wrong in the first Monster Garage show.

Later,
Rich W.

> <SNIP>
>
> The Monster Garage episode with the hovercraft DeLorean did not sit
well at all with many
> DeLorean owners. To see a salvageable car get torn up, then a 2nd
underbody consumed
> in the process, and then to see DeLorean owners become the target of
the shows jokes
> angered allot of people. And the fact that at the end of the show,
the car was destroyed by
> another hovercraft didn't exactly help things either to win you, or
the others on the show
> allot of favor with people.
>
> Yes, a DeLorean could be modified into a hovercraft. It could be
done. And matter of
> factly, if you really wanted to prove this, you and the MG build
team blew your opprotunity
> to do so. And now you're talking about doing the same thing that you
and your team did
> that ruined your chances on the show. Talking about using "spare
damaged panels". You
> don't bolt some body panels onto an existing hovercraft, and then
call it a "Hovercraft
> DeLorean". All you've done at that point is fabricate a body kit.
And that is the point that