[DML] Re: Suspicious eBay offer

*****  Moderator's Note  ****
I believe we have established that this is a scam.  The list has
received about a dozen copies of this note already, so unless you
have some new information regarding this incident, please consider
this thread closed.

Mike G  Moderator of the Week

*****

I got the exact same email. The person that wrote it needs to go back
to school because his enlish is bad with poor grammer.
  I aked him where inside the USA he lives and he didn't tell me so
it is a scamm. Because if he were for real he would have no problem
telling me which state he lives in so I could pick up the car if I
bought it. He did not tell me so it will be hard to track him down
after he scamms someone.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, toscano2@xxxx wrote:

> re: the "too good to be true" auction I wrote about yesterday...the
seller has finally sent me something more than a one-word answer.
This thing just gets weirder and weirder...anyone know if this is
indeed the same car being offered within the last month or so by a
scammer? Obviously I no longer plan to purchase this, I just find it
interesting:

> Hello,
> First, I want you to know that I live in USA,but for the moment I'm
in
> England.Two mounths ago my cousin died in a tragic car accident.
> My cousin family need money urgently and thatsware i sell this car
so
> cheap,becouse i want to help they.
>  The car is in excelent condition .It has a title clear wich you
will
> recive along with the car and two rows of keys.
> The buy it now price is 3500$ and I want a deposit in the same day
when
> you will receive the car.
> Regarding the payment method i would like to use Square Trade like
a 3rd
> party for the deposit.Square Trade is a affiliated company of
eBay.They (as
> you can see on ebay site map) develop the program Safe Harbour -
Fraud
> Protection.I am a seal member and that's mean I am backed up for
all my
> auctions on ebay.I pay them fees for that!
> The car is in US and it is allready to Square Trade,they inspected
and tested the car to
> see if the description on eBay matches with the real condition.
> Look how they work:
> 1.I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information.
> 2.They will send us mail forms (the forms will be from customer
support
> team) for you about payment deposit.
> 3.Those forms must be filled by every part of this deal(me and you)
> with infos that they required.
> 4.We must submit the forms.
> 5.After you will inspect the car,Square Trade will send me the
> payment infos and I shall pick up the money.
> This means a 3rd party.
> If you want to go on with this deal , mail me asap and I will
require
> those forms right now also I need your complete name and address.
> After all that will be done,the car will be shipped from Square
Trade,and