[DML] Re: need to replace passenger side door latch

[DML] Re: need to replace passenger side door latch

"In the Land of the Blind the one-eyed man is King". What I meant is
that after trying to do this complicated procedure it will take
several tries and many re-readings to get familiar with it and
competant at it so that you can do it at all. Maybe I shouldn't have
said "expert". In any case you will get comfortable at it and a whole
lot better than someone who never did it! OK so I exaggerate a little.
You are correct that anyone trying most of the things we give advice
on can meet us half-way and at least get some manuals. If people would
get AND READ these things many of the questions would not get asked in
the first place! That is one of the reasons I try to refer many of the
questions back to the manuals. It gets people more comfortable with
the manuals and maybe they will look at some other sections. I would
hope they have the manuals so when I do refer them to a particular
item in the manual they can at least look it up. In this case it is
just too long to type in the whole door lock adjustment procedure when
they already have it if they have the Workshop Manual. In many cases I
feel like I am helping people in spite of themselves. Much of what we
do in the end is to offer confidence so that someone who isn't
comfortable with auto mechanics will try to better his knowledge and
try things he didn't think he could do. In the end, encouragement is
the most we can do. Obscure technical information is beyond most of
the list members. Most of what we advise on is, to me, common sense.
Someone once said "common sense isn't so common!". My hope is to
spread it around a little and along the way get and keep more
Deloreans on the road. And maybe with more confidant and knowledgeable
owners!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757