[DML] Re: Suspicious eBay offer

Take it from me, as someone who purchased a DeLorean from a dead man's family estate.
Berevement doen't make people stupid. They may not ask for the fair market price,
because they may not be aware of it, true. But people in those kind of situations would
have a car like this sitting in the driveway, or at some mechanics shop. You wouldn't have
someone online, taking this much time, and willing to go thru so much effort to unload
the car. They would do it as quickly, and as quietly as possible.

Now, if you really want to put this seller to the test, ask for a VIN #, and whose name the
title of this car is currently in, so that you can verify this with the DeLorean vendors whom
kept detailed records of every car, so that you can verify it's service history. See if you even
get a response back on that one. And if you want to push it even further, ask him for the
address of the vehicle, so that you can inspect the car in person, and drive it home
yourself the same day. To go even further, what dead reletive should you ask for?

Also, this person isn't an American, I can tell you that. In America, we're pretty vengeful
culture, so no one "dies in a tragic accident". We're always "killed in accident", because we
like to shift the blame.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, toscano2@xxxx wrote:

> re: the "too good to be true" auction I wrote about yesterday...the seller has finally sent
me something more than a one-word answer. This thing just gets weirder and
weirder...anyone know if this is indeed the same car being offered within the last month or
so by a scammer? Obviously I no longer plan to purchase this, I just find it interesting:

[moderator snip]