[DML] Re: need to replace passenger side door latch

[DML] Re: need to replace passenger side door latch

The Workshop Manual won't help you much with the actual replacement
procedure. It is not that complicated. First remove the upper trim
panel, the lower trim panel, disconnect the linkage that goes to the
lock, and then remove it! Your troubles will begin AFTER you reinstall
the new lock. You MUST adjust the linkage so both locks work in
unison. For this you really do need the Workshop Manual or the
Bulletin and Recalls Manual. Both have the procedure for checking and
doing the adjustments. If you have the guts to tear the door open and
replace the lock then you really should have the Workshop Manual. I
would give you the whole procedure but it is quite lengthy, it is
several pages but it is very step-by-step and detailed. Once you do
it, it will make perfect sense and you will be quite expert at it. It
could be the reason the lock failed in the first place, being out of
adjustment and then forcing the door closed. In fact the latch may not
be broken at all, it may just be so far out of adjustment as not to
work. You may also have to adjust the STRIKER PINS so that both locks
work simultainiously. Do the internal door adjustments first, then
check the alignment of the striker pins. Use caution inside the door,
there are many sharp edges to get cut on.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "secret_jedi_guy"