CIS, abbreviation for what? (Was: Re: idle speed regulator)

CIS, abbreviation for what? (Was: Re: idle speed regulator)

The actual correct meaning of CIS is Continuous Injection System as
opposed to Pulsed Injection. This is a family of systems with
K-Jetronic w/ Lambda Control (aka K-Lambda) being the one we are
interested in. The main feature is that fuel is always being delivered
by the fuel injectors while the pump is running. It is easily
identified by the fact that the fuel injectors do not have any
electrical connectors on them as they would in a pulsed system.
Another way to look at the acronym CIS is on an old Delorean that
hasn't run in years is Corroded InSide. The idle system is called
Bosch Electronic Idle Speed Control System. There is no acronym.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757