Re: [DML] Collector's Car loan

In a message dated 1/12/04 2:27:52 PM Central Standard Time,
chinatown_film@xxxx writes:
Is this normal practice having a written appraisal / interest rate high in
your experience?

Thanks.
My loan (at a credit union) was secured with the car's value (they used a
kelly blue book which was based on emails from the previous owner's testament to
condition and a few photographs). the loan amount i needed was less than the
car's value, so they happily gave me a 4 year loan at 9% interest. i have
been paying it back quickly and it will be paid off in March. i was also 18 at
the time!

Andy