RE: DMCH headlight upgrade (WAS: RE: [DML] Re: "Dummy" buttons...)

RE: DMCH headlight upgrade (WAS: RE: [DML] Re: "Dummy" buttons...)

The previous owner of my car had installed the high output Xenon lights.
They look like many other modern lights.
They are bright white.
One night, I pressed the headlight button and my headlights would not come on?
I checked my fuses...
To my surprise the headlight fuse had melted into a mush.
These new lights were much more powerfull the older lights.

I would suggest replacing your entire fuse block reguardless of what upgrades you make.
It is just a poor design made with thin metal parts and WILL eventually melt down.
Might as well nip in the bud before your car burns down to the ground.

I haven't done it yet, but I am working on it.
I suppose I will simply go a to a good car-auto-electrics place any a pro to do it.
-VB