Re: [DML] MANUAL SHIFTING (5spd)

In a message dated 1/10/04 4:28:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
samuel_yahoo@xxxx writes:

> Do you drive any other manuals? Any manual I've driven requires you to
> move left to get to 1st and 2nd and right to get to 5th. This is the
> standard form for manual to operate.

There are a number of shift patterns in the road today. What I learned a
stick shift on went to the junkyard decades ago! Still, it'd be nice if the
"lift" showed on the knob diagram for unfamiliar drivers. When I take my D to the
shop, I always remind them how it shifts into reverse... and how to close the
engine cover!
-Wayne
11174