Re: DeLo Vendor Parts vs xRef Parts

Some interesting points. I can't help but feel a bit incriminated
by these remarks as a traitor to the community. Having spent about
$1600 at PJ Grady in the past 2 months, and a few bucks to John
Hervey for his wraparound heatshield, I feel I've made
my "donation." I am a student, so saving a few bucks here or there
helps out. Plus, being able to get some things done on my DeLorean
makes the 200-mile round-trip home on weekends worth it. I like to
make the return trip knowing that I got something accomplished. In
this case, a few phone calls, a half hour drive, and some archive-
searching helped me to make my oil pressure gauge work again. Did I
really save any money? Maybe, maybe not. While I was at NAPA, I
also picked up some sidemarker sockets and bulbs, a battery cutoff
switch, and some stainless nuts and bolts. Yes, I know all of these
items are also available from the vendors. It's too bad none of the
vendors live half an hour away or I would instead purchase more of
these more common things from them.
I congratulate you, Mr. Swingle, on your patriotism to the vendors.
I'm sure they appreciate you purchasing your scotch-brite pads,
gasoline, sandpaper, and all of your other D-related items from
them. Let's hope if we ever see DMC cotton underwear, they are not
priced more than $15 above fruit-of-the-loom, or else I may need to
shortcut the vendors AGAIN! :-P

I agree to buy from the vendors, but I need to draw the line
somewhere.

Matt
I --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207"