Re: [DML] Re: seat cover ripple effect and installation

Re: [DML] Re: seat cover ripple effect and installation

In a message dated 1/8/04 7:06:45 PM Central Standard Time, james@xxxx
writes:
As far as installing the seat covers, I recommend that they be taken to a
local upholstery shop and installed by a professional. It's true that it can be
done yourself with the right tools, but if you take the seats out of the car
yourself (4 nuts, very easy) and take them into the shop, you should be able to
get it done for less than $100.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
That's a little optimistic. I had Grady's seatcovers installed at a local
shop with decades of interior restoration experience. They installed new
covers, replaced the crappy foam under them, and sandblasted and painted the rails.
Cost about $250 to do it and the seats weren't bad to begin with. I just
wanted them 100% perfect, like i'm sure most of you do also. w/o the painting,
it would have been $225.

Just a heads up in case you are pricing this out. maybe you could find
someone to do JUST the cover with no custom fitting for $100 PER SEAT, but to do
both, there's a little labor involved.....

Andy