Indiglo Dash Kits - a customer's brief thoughts

Indiglo Dash Kits - a customer's brief thoughts

If your on the fence wondering about the Indilo Kit I would tell you to go ahead
and get it. The quality of the product is great, better than I expected. It also
looks good in the car (IMHO anyway). I love the snap/connectors for the wires so
if need be you can easily disconnect them when taking out the binnacle & cluster.
I asked for blue allumination and also received the option of green with the
toggle & dimmer switch. Instructions are OK, but the non-do-it-yourselfer may
need more. I know Jordan's How-To page can help with the binnacle removal
(http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/deloreanmain.html). I wish the instrument
cluster overlays were 1 piece in stead of 3 to make it seamless, but for
installation purposes the 1 piece would be impossible to install without removing
needles.

I only have 3 small complaints:
- Without warning, Speedhut customized the "custom" speedometer face I sent (e.g.
changed MPH mark lengths, enlarged numbers, removed KM markings & numbers).
- For some un-known reason Speedhut does not put any KM markings on their
products. I wish I knew this before receiving the finished kit. To my Canadian &
other KM using friends, if you want kilometers on your speedometer your screwed.
- Being an "anal graphic designer" the resolution of printed output is a bit
jaggy (not like the 300dpi speedo face I sent), but at the distance being viewed
this is not a big issue.

Well, I guess I have one more complaint... I can't fully enjoy the new dash kit
because of all the Salt & Idiots out :-(

Shannon Y
16506