Re: DMC #1629 on the road, again.

Check the adjustment of the shift lever to the transmission. G:05:02
You could also have a wiring problem. Make sure the wires going to the
transmission from the plug on the firewall are securely fastened and
are not melted by the exhaust pipe. It is rare but possible you have a
problem with the start inhibit relay or it's wiring. M:07:02 #28 This
relay allows you to only engage the starter in Park or Neutral. It
could be a sticking switch in the transmission itself. It is a two
part switch, one part lights the back-up light, the other is the start
switch. The vin change in the shift handle should not cause this
problem so there is no reason to change it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757