Re: [DML] Rack & Pinion determination

I had to reply to this post as I recently had one of my steering racks
rebuilt by DMC in Texas.

I also examined the point of failure in the rack and agree that most of
the play in the rack comes from the worn bearing at the top and bottom of
the worm gear. I decided to send my rack to be rebuild because I didn't
want to take the time to do the research someone else had already done.
When I received my steering rack back, I was shocked. It looked and
performed like I was receiving a brand rack. Not only were the bearings
replaced, but new rod ends and boots were installed and the entire unit
was refinished.

For such an important part of our cars for both safety and driving
satisfaction, I felt the cost was reasonable.

>I refuse to pay this amount of money for 1 worn bearing

Happy and safe New Year to all!

Bryan P.