Pearce Design Stainless Steel Frames

I used part of the long holiday weekend to drive from Houston to St. Louis
to visit family, and also made a quick trip on Saturday to Chicago to pick
up a stainless steel frame, trailing arms and front and lower control arms
for a special project we are working on here.

Bryan Pearce, his father Reg, and Rich Weissensel met me at Bryan's home and
showed me all around their shop where the frames are assembled. Reg spent a
great deal of time explaining the process to me, and also pointed out a few
areas where extra attention would be necessary during the frame build-up. I
was very impressed with the quality of materials, welds, and attention to
detail. The improvements over a stock frame (aside from the obvious benefit
of being stainless) include a "bolt-on" front frame extension (crumple
tube), a removable rear cross member, strengthened engine support mounts and
shock towers, and more.

Rich and Bryan helped me get it loaded in the back of a VERY short bed
pickup truck and strapped down for the 1100 mile trip back to Houston. It
rained all the way from Little Rock back to Houston, and aside from fielding
a lot of questions at gas stops, the trip was happily uneventful.

With this frame, we now have two of the ten Pearce design SS frames in
existence in our shop. Ours is #000010 and the other, for a client's car, is
#000002. Bryan and Reg mentioned that they only have one left available
(#000009) for sale at this time. I'm sure that more will be forthcoming
after that one is sold, too.

Over the next couple months, as we do the buildup of these two frames, I'll
post more to the list about how it progresses. It was certainly a pleasant
transaction, and I wanted to thank Bryan and his father Reg for taking time
out of their holiday weekend to spend time with me and allow me to pickup
the frame. And without Rich's efforts to strap it down, there was every
possibility that I would have lost it somewhere along the way!

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com