Re: DMC Totaled - Need Insurance Value Help

Re: DMC Totaled - Need Insurance Value Help

Your best source of help in documenting the condition and value of
your car will be a Delorean vender. Especially the one that either did
the service work or supplied the parts. All the venders keep records
so the one nearest you should be able to help. DMC Houston is the best
place if none of the other venders is familiar with the car. You might
suggest to the insurance appraiser that he call them directly to get
what ever information he needs to accurately calculate the value of
the vehicle at the time of the accident. Even a "totaled" Delorean has
some residual value. If you work with Houston they might figure a way
to take your old car and help you with your insurance company to get
you another in similar condition. Of course a lot depends on the type
of insurance you had and the conditions like deductable, towing,
storage, replacement, etc. I am glad to hear that at least you were
not seriously hurt in what sounds like a severe accident. It would be
nice if you could post some post-accident pictures. If you had classic
insurance it is usually easier to settle because you have an "agreed
upon value" so once it is determined to be a total loss there is no
argument as to value.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757