What exactly do I need to change to fix this?
Thanks,
Dale Funk

From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DML] idle revisited
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 05:40:07 -0600

Well,
Im not one of the guru's on this list, however I have spent time on
this idle circuit.
I think if your idle speed motor is working ( Buzzses with the key on,
engine off ) and your idle tends upward you have a vacuum ( inlet air) leak.
The leak prevents the idle motor from being in total control of the
available air to the engine at idle.
Where the air is getting in can sometimes be located with an accelerate
like carburetor cleaner. Just a shot here and there to find the spot that
outside air is getting into the intake manifold. When the accelerate gets
in, the engine RPM will go up for a moment. I would start at the back left
side were the idle control motor hose goes into the intake manifold. (
O'ring missing) Then at all the openning into the intake even the ones you
think are closed.
The diafram in the ac/heater switch could be open or any one of the
vacumn lines under the dash could be open, broken, etc. So to get them all
out of the question I would remove the large rubber line coming out of the
intake manifold on the rider side and plug the manifold. This way you know
the leak is not forward in the cars compartment.
I'm surte you have tried most of this but it might help someone.
Your's in the Hobby
Jerry Harry
Vin #4890