Re: TOBY-TAB update

I am also in Toby's camp.

Referring to this as a "catch" and not allowing movement ...
To reiterate my last email & to quote from earlier this year when on this topic
[message #30794],
"Dave said that this is NOT primarily a 'catch' all though it can act as one if
need be. It is mainly a support. Also Dave commented on the side to side twisting
motion that Toby mentioned stating that the amount is minimal enough that the
bushings in this setup can allow for such movement."

When developing the brackets they did have the trailing arm bolt hooked up to a
computer to measure movement both without and with the bracket in place. The
result mentioned in the above paragraph.

Since I suck at formulating coherent thought into writing [just ask my pal Jim -
I also have the English grades to prove it] here is another quote from earlier
this year. Yet another opinion but take it for what it's worth.

message #30804
"I installed Dave Brackets on my V8 DeLorean in addition to changing bolts.
However, prior to installing the brackets I measured the movement of the bolt end
under full load acceleration using a piece of clay. I then installed the brackets
and remeasured the movement. The brackets reduced the forward movement of the end
of the bolt by almost 1/2". They clearly are to me superior to just having a bolt
into the frame for
high horsepower applications.
BOB [Brandys]"

As far as the design, Dave is a mechanic not an engineer. So laugh away. Grady
wasn't laughing, at least not to my face. He said it would be overkill for me to
put the Toby Tabs on my car. I then offered the extinct bolts to someone who
needed them.

I will keep you all posted if my epoxy cracks or frame rusts because of the
brackets. So far so good - least 12 yrs.

3lbs or less? Don't know.
Again, for "real" specs on the brackets and/or questions give Dave a call and get
it from "the horses mouth" rather than a posted guess-da-ment or a customer once
removed.

Shannon Y
16506