Re: [DML] Automatic car washes- A bad idea?

Re: [DML] Automatic car washes- A bad idea?

As long as all your trim is good and the seals are tight you should be fine.
Turn off the radio so the antenna will retract, make sure none of your trim pieces are
loose or else they might be blown off.
Most of the car washes are touchless high pressure washes.
They use mild soap.
However, I would not get the "premium" wash because it applies wax, and you might
not want the wax as it would dull the finish and have the opposite effect that it has
on paint.
On the other hand, if you went to an old fashioned brush or bristle wash
(if you can still find one)
I don't see what that would hurt, since there is no paint to scratch and the bristles
are moving in the same direction as the lines on the car!
Actually, it would HELP if it DID scratch!
That would re-apply a nice brushed finish to the car!!!! - HA HA!

Other than leaks, there should be no problems.
Just skip the WAX.
Many will let you choose a "NO WAX" option when entering the code.

Hey man, it's just a friggin car.
A car made of stainless steel and composite materials no less.
It is a lot less destructible that your average car.
- Videobob

In a message dated 12/12/03 10:38:36 AM Central Standard Time,