Painting Fascias

I hope all of you veteran owners will be patient with
a couple of questions. I have been looking at the
front and rear fascia and finally realized that the
car will never look really sharp until I get them
painted. Can they be painted in place or do they have
to be removed and if so how do they come off? I felt
that the flex in them might allow the new paint to
crack off if they were removed. What's the pros and
cons?

Steve T.