Re: Automatic shifting troubles

Sounds like classic governor failure. Does the gear selector have
any effect? If you pull fuse number 13 the computer is disconnected
and the trans should lock up in 3rd gear. If that happens then the
trans is probably ok. There is a way to check the trans manually at
the diagnostic plug but see what pulling the fuse does for you. You
can drive it but your takeoff is slow and can heat up the fluid if
you work it too hard.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Enid/Jeremiah
<hispanicangeleyes@xxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I have sent this to select individuals already, but I'm going
to shout this one out to everyone just for suggestions/ideas.

> This is the problem I have everyone.
>
> The first 10 minutes or so, she drives perfectly, shifting from
1st to 2nd to 3rd with no problem. However, once the car has had
about 3 miles down the road, I will have the car in 1st going down
the road and it sticks in 1st. If I try to accelerate, I get nothing
but engine reving; the engine simply will not go from 1st to 2nd -
it is solidly stuck in 1st. When trying to go to 2nd, it's almost as
if it's in neutral, and you can hold the pedal down all you want -
it will not go from 1st to 2nd. IF I come to a complete stop and hit
the accelerator, she will drive no problem but only in 1st gear; the
car will simply not go to 2nd or 3rd What I don't understand is it
works just fine the 1st 10 minutes or the first 2-3 miles...then all
of a sudden that problem pops up.

> This sounds to me like the solenoids/computer governor may have
gone bad, what does everyone else think? This is also, of
course,why I'm thinking about having the computer governor rebuilt.
Thank you for your time everyone.