From: videobob11 [mailto:videobob@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 9:30 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Protecting the STEEL

Has anyone ever experimented with using different chemicals to protect
the steel from fingerprints?
Here are a fre thoughts I have.

(1) RAIN-X:
If you are familiar with RAIN-X, that make glass water repellent,
I wonder how this would work on steel and repel the water dots.

(3) 3-M:
I have a custome motorcycle trailer (behind the bike),
it has a plastic coating of 3-M around the front to protect from rocks.
They are using this on a lot of newer cars.
I was considering cutting out a shapely peice of this and puting
it around the door handle, and mayby a peice near the window sill.
This would help when opening and closing the door.

Does anyone have anything to add to this?

- Videobob
VIN#5278

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews