Re: [DML] Catalytic converter bypass

In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:11:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, dmc1288mph@xxxx writes:

> Hi everyone, I drive my Delorean daily, and I want to
> bypass the cat. Where can I buy a bypass pipe? Would
> it be cheaper to build one? Has anyone tried to build
> one? Any info. would be great! THANKS Casey VIN 3270

I have the one that Gary Uding (sp?) sells from the Netherlands. cost about $100 shipped, maybe a little less. Be aware that you will have to order a CAT gasket as well as nuts and washers (stainless!!!) for installation. Also, installation can be quite maddening when trying to align the muffler and such back together. It definitely tidies up the lower end of the engine bay once you get that heatshield out. I don't think there is much of a hp difference that you can actually feel, but my cat was hollowed before i bought my car, so i'm not sure what it would feel like versus a really stock car. took all afternoon to install! i also had my muffler brackets blasted and powdercoated black and replaced all the muffler hanger bushings and associated hardware.

Andy