The dome lights are configured for three settings, off, on, and on when the doors are open. . . if you figure out which way is "on" and the other settings will not operate with the doors open, then you have some electrical issues to work out.

Good luck!

Michael Babb

Wednesday, November 19, 2003 2:30 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From: "videobob11" <videobob@xxxx>
Subject: [DML] Delorean Destruction

As I said in the previous post, I have this pristine like new car.
It has been kept in a controlled garage it's whole life.
It is like I am getting an almost new car.
I don't deserve it.
Unfortunatly, I don't have a garage to put it it, or even a car port
to park it under! (GASP!)
It will be sitting out under the sun, rain, whatever the north Texas
weather throws at it.
I know it is doomed.

I am hoping that some of you can give me the best tips of how to
protect the dash and interior from cracking, warping, etc.
What is the best stuff to use?
I already know to avoid Armour All, but I would like to know about
some specific bottles of stuff to use.

I will be getting some sort of a winshield cover to help keep the sun
out, the side windows have been tinted with a mirror type tint and it
looks great!

NOW FOR PROBLEMS:

(1)
The passenger window does not close all the way, it goes up to about
1/4" of an inch and stops. Any suggestions anyone?

(2)
Wobbly steering wheel.
I have tightend the wheel as much as I can, but it seems to be loose
by about 1/4" up to 1/2" and makes a "tick tick" noise on bumps!
Drives me crazy!
I assume that the famous nylon bushings that everyone sells is for
thie problem? How are they installed? Is it difficult to install?

(3)
Dome lights.
Are the dome lights supposed to come on when the doors open?
I have put new bulbs in and they come on when they are manually
operated, so I suppose that the problem would be the switch on the
side of the doors?
I know that the switch that operates the divers side door warning
lights are sticky and if you giggle it the lights come on.
However this doesn't work on the other switches, so I am not sure
of the source.

Your help is appreciated.
More to come!
- Videobob