Re: [DML] Headlight Conversion / Automatic Transmissions?

Re: [DML] Headlight Conversion / Automatic Transmissions?

I have an automatic car and can't understand how they
have managed to get such a bum rap.I originally wanted
a five speed too but had the oppurtunity to buy a near
perfect DeLorean with an auto that was too good to
pass up.
They do however have some problems with the computer
governers failing.Mine did.But like most things on the
car this can be easily repaired or an updated version
bought from some members of this list.
If you are interested in buying an Auto D I suggest
you drive it to make sure it shifts correctly in Drive
but also works in the 1st and 2nd gear positions.Also
check the trans oil level and condition (preferably
when the car is hot).The dipstick is red and is in the
back left corner.If the oil is dark or smells burnt
that could be bad.Also check for leaks.People overfill
them.
But if you make regular oil changes and look after it
the Auto trans should add to alot to your driving
experience especially in stop and start traffic.Your
left leg certainly won't get sore!

Andrew
VIN 2883
Sydney,Australia