Re: [DML] George Barris

I went out today and got a copy of the magazine, to get the actual article. Here it is, word for word!

MAXIM GOES TO THE MOVIES
Pg. 92 - by Clark Collis (with George Barris)

BACK TO THE FUTURE DELOREAN
"I worked with John DeLorean on the actual car and then he got into his little... problems. (In 1982, the auto magnate was arrested for allegedly attempting to import cocaine - he was later aquitted.) We built the cars that were used for publicity. There's a lot of gimmicky things stuck on. People say, 'What's that for?' I say, your guess is better than mine. I've never been into the future."

Barris is actually a pretty smart guy, the way he can get away with saying these sort of things. After reading the article again, he never said that he built the BTTF DMC for the movie, but say's he built the cars that were used for publicity.

But the whole story about him working with J.Z.D. on the actual car... what's that about?

Randy Atamaniuk
Vin #16353 - Randy@xxxx

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca