Re: [DML] idle flux / stall / pickup line?

Re: [DML] idle flux / stall / pickup line?

In a message dated 11/12/03 8:39:02 PM Central Standard Time,
ssdelorean@xxxx writes:

> Am I correct in thinking that it is my fuel pickup line not allowing enough
> fuel
> to flow?
> Could it be something else?
>
> Shannon Y
> 16506

If you haven't replaced it ever, you should for peace of mind. you could
also hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if you are within specs or if it drops
off when it tries to stall. if the pump is buzzing now and then, a bad
pickup line is my best guess also. OR, the pump could be buzzing when the gas it
is pumping is blocked further upstream (bad fuel filter, kinked metal line,
dirt in a fuel distributor screen...). i had similar pressure problems with my
car until i replaced the pickup line.

good luck!
Andy