RE: [DML] Starter Failed

Hi EJ,
When my starter went 2 years ago, I just took it to a local
starter/alternator/electrical shop; he guy took one look at it and said
"is this from a renault or a volvo? And a 5 speed right?" Wow, he had
it right on the money, well mine was shot because of clutch dust & dust
build up in it; a common problem he said, and even worse for us since
the start sits backwards , lots of wind to help blow the dust in.
Anyway they were able to rebuilt the starter in a day, cost my
$100 Canadian (so like $70 US) including a new solenoid and drive gear.
No muss, no fuss, and I have my "original" parts still in it.

Autozone and the like are grocery stores for auto parts, never
hurts to go the the specialty markets for quality.

Mike
Vin 17106