Re: New DeLorean owner; first technical question

Re: New DeLorean owner; first technical question

Why not ask the shop you took the car to for an estimate???

---Dan

My main question:
When she fires up, and she fires RIGHT up, if we put any pressure on her
accelerator she will die immediately. Repeat this process about 5-7 times and
she will finally run stable. Is this a sign of bad fuel and the need to clean
the fuel system? I'm going to instruct them to take out and clean the fuel
tank, and inspect and clean the rest of the fuel system. What kind of bill am I
looking at from a garage who KNOWS what they're doing. Their rate is $60 per
hour. They have the manuals; they know exactly how to take care of the fuel
system; I have complete trust in them. Can anyone give me a "guesstimate" of a
bill I may be looking at? Thank you all for your input; I have owned her for 24
hours now to almost the exact minute, and I'm trying to get her roadworthy.
Hopefully, this will be the step that gets her on the road.

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search... http://shopping.msn.com