$10,000 vs $25,000 DeLoreans

In defense of $10,000 DeLoreans:

Dollar figures in these messages may scare off potential owners with
limited funds. A fully functional DeLo CAN be had for less, but must
be aware what money is buying (no stars in eyes):

Any/Some/Most/All of following:

-Dinged or dented stainless
-Faded or peeling fascias
-Chipped wheels
-Parachuting headliners
-Cracked dashboard and/or binnacle
-Damaged seats
-Dead Speedo or other instrumentation
-No Zillas or other relay compartment improvements
-Dead door electricals
-Factory radiator & hoses
-Dead A/C

List goes on...

Fall Foliage purchases push my total investment perilously close to
$9,000. And the car looks it. But it IS reliable, safe, and enjoyable.
Of course my DeLo pales in comparison to higher dollar models, but I
harbor no illusions about that. It is the best I can do on my budget.

Am proud to participate in group DeLo events. Do not participate in
judged contests.

Bill Robertson