Re: Suspension Options for the DeLorean

I went to www.carrerashocks.com and downloaded the .pdf with the
shock part numbers for the DeLorean (Premium Street Performance
Front: 3246se+1947a(kit) Rear: 3384su002). Are these direct correct
length replacements? Or do they require extensions or adapters at
the ends, as do the touring shocks from www.midstatedmc.com?

I also noticed that Carrera Shocks also has a Springs area of their
site (http://www.carrerashocks.com/Spring%20Specifications.htm).
Does someone here have information about the springs engineered for
the DMCH Performance Springs (e.g. Free Length, Stroke, Wire
Diameter, Total Turns ... etc.) that could check to see if Carrera
has something comparable?

I checked out www.dmc-service.nl to see what they are offering in the
way of Springs and Shocks. Their prices are as follows: 334 euros
($388.18) for four lowering springs (BTW: 3cm = 1.181102"), and 520
euros ($604.35) for four high performance shocks. I used www.xe.com
to figure amounts in US Dollars and both the springs and the shocks
can be had for $992.52 (or .53). DMCH offers their Springs and
Shocks as a kit for $1,188.00, (a $195.48 difference). Is the
performance difference worth spending the extra $195.48?

Has any individual or club actually set up cones in a parking lot or
taken a highway drive switching drivers and done any comparisons
without bias? It would be nice to have a comparison out there so
owners could decide which spring and shock source or combination is
right for them based on things like; reliability of source, included
installation documentation, quality of manufacture, mechanical
reliability, ride quality, handling characteristics, ride stance,
warrantee, price, and price/performance comparison.

www.delorean.com - Springs and Shocks (Original and Performance)
www.pjgrady.com - Springs and Shocks (Performance)
www.midstatedmc.com - Springs (not shown) and Shocks
(Performance/Touring)
www.dmc-service.nl - Springs and Shocks (Original and Performance)
www.carrerashocks.com - Springs (not yet verified) and Shocks
(Performance)

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson

P.S. I am convinced that the DeLorean community is comprised of the
highest quality individuals in terms of kindness, generosity, and
intelligence, all with a shiny car with gull-wing doors as the common
denominator.