Re: [DML] DeLorean Shipping

Passport Transport also shipped my car from Detroit. I agree with the idea generally of buying and driving close to home so that you have a chance to really check out the condition. In my case, I flew to Detroit from Florida and drove the car and inspected it. It was from an estate of a automotive engineer for Ford who had a collection of 8 cars in a climate controlled facility. It was driven 5 miles a month to keep it in good running condition (except in Winter where it was idled for 10 minutes and winterized for storage.) It had 3,000 miles on it and is flawless. I drive it a few thousand miles a year now and have changed out all those things that one should when using as a daily or occassional driver. This one was well worth the airfare to check it out as it was located in Bloomfield Hills area of Detroit and I got to drive it by DeLoreans old mansion. Since it had been stored (albeit as well stored and preserved as it could be) I was not about to drive it all of a sudden to Florida. The $1000 on transport was well worth it and once here I was able to make it a great regular driver with all the new belts, hoses, etc. I now have 7,000 miles (over 2 years) and not a problem ever. Unless, however, you know of an extreme case for shipping, I agree that it makes more sense to buy local. These cars, like all cars, can run the full spectrum of condition. Take your time and do the research. Good luck. Curt.