Re: [DML] Re: 6x8 speakers in rear

My one concern about installng speakers on the rear shelf is on the drivers side, you have the ignition amplifier directly under the carpet, which works on a very low current inductive pickup from the distributor - a large magnet just above it is not really a good idea. It'll probably be fine, but I would personally not do it for this reason alone. I wasn't trying to create a fantastic soundstage in my DeLorean, but I did want the rear speakers to work. They do, without distortion, just with terrible bass response due to lack of an enclosure. I used the older equivalent of the same JBL component pair in my old Citroen, where the tweeters were in the dash, much like the DeLorean, but the drivers were in the doors - it gave terriffic bass response - no award winner but more than good enough for me. The head unit was a Panasonic then, and I wish I'd kept it when I sold the car.

BTW the dynamat was to quieten the car down, not to improve the stereo.

Martin

Soma576@xxxx wrote:

and disconnecting the stock 4x10's and replace with a couple of 6x9's or 8" full range drivers in seperate boxes on the rear shelf. t