[DML] Re: Transmissions (was upgrade paths)

[DML] Re: Transmissions (was upgrade paths)

I don't know if it's an automotive thing or what, but yes, Higher
Gear Ratios have Lower (smaller) Numbers. My assumption is that it
has something do to with tranmission nomenclature - i.e. Low Gear is
a bigger gear ratio (number) than high gear. Although Low Gear is
also called First Gear and High Gear is called Fifth gear at least in
our case). . Now I'm confused!

In most magazine articles you read about such things, authors usually
make clever statements like "you should put in a lower (higher
numerical) ratio differential gear for quicker off-the line
acceleration".

Now that that is explained, do you really have a source for a lower
(higher numerical) ratio ring and pinion set that will fit this
transmission, in the reversed mode used in the DMC? (And yes, I
understand that the pinion gear is the entire countershaft too!).

Dave S.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>