idle problem solved and thanks

With the help of Martin and Rich Acuti this time I may have solved my idle
problem. My idle was sluggish, my car surged up and down when cold and I had RPM
dips when I took it out of gear. Acceleration was fine. After checking almost
everything and bugging lots of people I think I got it straightened
out....Having checked just about everything I was running out of ideas. I emailed
Martin off list and he gave me a suggestion as an option. I know is goes against
everything we hold sacred on the DML :-) But I adjusted the 3 brass screws.

What Martin suggested is to slightly open the main idle screw no more then 1
turn and then each of the screws that controls each side 2 turns. Me and Rich
have helped each other over the past 6 months so he threw his kids in his car
and came over. Since I have kids it worked out great so Rich and I could hit
the garage. After telling Rich we should check, plugs, injectors, etc, etc.
etc. Rich said to try Martin's idea.

First we verified my 02 setting was fine. So Rich then opened the main screw
1/2 turn and the other 2 screws 1 turn. My idle suddenly smoothed out and
sounded great. Me and Rich took a test drive and no more idle dips. My RPMs drop
perfectly to the right idle speed every time. The last test came when starting
my engine cold. No more surging! So my car now runs the best it has in 2
years. I realize those screws are talked about alot on this list but it seems with
each 25 year old engine some may need more air then others. All I know is my
engine now runs perfect. Thanks guys.

Mike C
2109