Re: Fan Fail Light

If your car is wired as it was from the factory (origional) then when
you install a Fanzilla (and if Fanzilla is functioning properly) when
a fan motor fails it LIGHTS the light. Normally the fan fail light
will stay off. In the instalation instuctions that come with Fanzilla
it explains how to test the fan fail light by removing each fuse in
the unit which shuts down a fan simulating a dead fan and lighting the
warning light. This is all assuming that the wiring in the car has not
been modified except for the fan fail bypass if the origional fan fail
relay is not still in the car. With the jumpers in the car you have
lost the function of the fan fail light and I have seen myself a
jumper burn up. Under severe conditions this could have lead to the
loss of the car. At the least it can cause the motor to overheat and
melt the relay block. The jumpers with fuses in them might at least
self-destruct before they can damage the relay block. For more info go
to deloreanparts.com
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757